19/06/2018

Permission to laundry, denied.

When it comes to household chores Mr C’s job is to take out the trash. He is the trash man. He is allowed to do dishes, cooking and vacuuming. Tho he has once asked me where do we keep the vacuum cleaner. I don’t know if he still knows...

But laundry is one thing I don't want him to touch. I really don't want him to do any laundry. I have kindly asked him not to do it. But still twice I have seen him doing it. Twice too many times. Its horrible feeling. I see him going closer to the washing machine and I can feel my heartbeat getting faster, my blood pressure is getting up, I'm getting nausea. I am trying to stop him but he is just getting closer and closer to the machine.


Its because I do it so much better. Really. When he does it, everything goes in at the same time. Everything. Why make easy things harder? he told me. And he doesn't even check if there is any room to hang the clothes after he has washed them. What a mistake!

So the first time he did laundry without my permission he washed everything in 60 degrees instead of 30. And when I pointed this out, while the machine was rolling, He asked me how could it be in 60 degrees cos you can wash everything in 30. Looks like I don't. I had just washed all the sheets so there weren't even room to hang the clothes he was now washing. At the end this was not a problem as he never hung them. Poor clothes were there in the machine for two days until I fixed it.



Last week it happened again, I saw him walking towards the machine with his laundry basket. NO NO NO don't do it, I am begging, please don't do it. Let me do it. He tells me he has done laundry all his life, he knows what he is doing. And its urgent. He needs to do it now. Close your eyes, he tells me. I am hitting my head to the wall (eyes closed) and I tell him that he needs to fold the dry ones then before he can hang what ever he is washing now. Its everything, I could see it before I closed my eyes. I saw in went socks, towels and pants. Im dying little bit inside. But nothing I can do. Just close my eyes.

And what happened this time? The urgent laundry was standing in the machine for three days. Three days I walked by the machine my eyes closed. And then I see he has opened the machine door. And he tells me: maybe you were right. Its getting easier to breath, I go to my dear machine and I empty it and start over again and I'll do it the correct way.

Yesterday I heard him saying to Baby James to not start crying now because he was taking care of his obligations as a trash man. Yes, Mr C,  leave the laundry machine alone and stick with the trash. You are a good trash man.


No comments:

Post a Comment